Scaffold Safety Inspection
To enable the delegates to be fully aware of the various types of scaffold, their uses and construction, faults most commonly encountered and to carry out statutory inspections and completion of reports.
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
What the Course Covers
• Applicable legislation, British Standards Code of Practice BS5973 and HSE recommendations
• Working platforms and their safe working loads
• Scaffold systems including independent tied scaffolds, system scaffolds and mobile aluminium towers
• Safe use of ladders
• Scaffold erection to include the correct use and application of fall arrest equipment during scaffold erection
• Statutory inspections and completion of reports also incorporating handover certificates and method statements
• The inspection of all types of scaffold (independent, putlog, birdcage, mobile and static)
By the end of the Course
Delegates will be able to understand the requirements of the relevant legislation, identify the safe working loads for working platforms, adopt a safe working practice, carry out statutory inspections of all types of scaffolds and correctly select and use fall arrest equipment during scaffold erection.