To equip trainees with increased knowledge and best practice requirements when working on flat and pitched roofs. Delegates to be trained on specific rooftop safety products (practical).
Course Duration: 1 Day
What the Course Covers
• General roof height safety considerations
• Working at height suitability – fall arrest / work positioning / restraint on roofs
• Basic elements of safe working procedures / equipment principles / operator
• Considerations when working on roofs including:
– Inertia reels
– Restraint systems
– Fall arrest systems
– Fixed and temporary systems
• Equipment requirements and limitations for roof work: specific requirements / suitability
• Anchorage – propriety devices in consideration with access and applications found on roofs
• Rescue considerations specific to scope of work on roofs
By the end of the Course
Delegates will be able to work safely at height, have a sound theory of the dangers and risks of working on a roof at height and have the practical skills in using the appropriate height safety equipment correctly and safely.