Maintenance at No. 1 Shopping Destination
The Highcross Shopping Centre is Leicester’s top shopping destination, housing top fashion brands and some of the largest names in homeware, entertainment and beauty. IRL Group were contracted to replace the coloured anti-slip surface in the centre’s car park and Mainline supplied two 20kVA towable generators, Twisco forklift and 5 large industrial fans.
- The old coloured surface was removed using a three phase shot blasting machine powered by one of the generators.
- Specially designed triple motor vacuums (which require a lot of power) cleaned the area after the shot blasting.
- The generators are also used to power specialist floor preparation equipment to prepare the concrete surface for new anti-slip surface.
- The Twisco forklift transports materials on pallets from the lower floor up to the 5th floor where work is carried out.
- The Twisco is ideal for a number of reasons; compact so it fits easily into the car park (opposed to a standard forklift which may struggle); the single wheel at the back gives the Twisco a small turning circle allowing the machine to operate in tight spaces avoiding the general public and cars.